Job Title: Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Reporting To: Clinic Manager
Job Purpose: INITIO Medical Group is looking for a Nuclear Medicine Technologist to join our team. INITIO Medical Group is a private facility offering diagnostic services, therapeutics and participating in clinical research internationally. At INITIO timeliness of scans and treatment is prioritized so that patients, physicians, and family members can make informed and efficient decisions regarding their health. Passion, compassion, and precision!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform diagnostic and therapeutic nuclear medicine procedures in accordance with clinic policies and quality standards.
· Prepare patients, through patient counselling and support.
· Operating nuclear medicine equipment.
· Monitor patients during procedures.
· Preparing, quality control and dispensing of radiopharmaceuticals.
· Routine quality control tests on imaging equipment.
· Disposing of radioactive substance and contaminated items by following established guidelines.
· Current Certification with the CAMRT (Nuclear Medicine)
· Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification – Basic Life Support
· 2+ years experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
· Knowledge of Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission Regulations
· Ability to perform radioisotope examinations in compliance with clinic standards
· Knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with nuclear medicine equipment
· Working knowledge of Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS)/ Radiology Information Systems
· Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) with patients and their families, coworkers, physicians and other health care staff both internally and of external agencies.
· Ability to plan and establish workload priority in collaboration with others.
· Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
· Nuclear Medicine Radiation Safety Officer Certification
· CT Experience
Hours of Work and Location:
· Full time and casual positions available
· Clinic can be open Monday – Sunday from 7 am -10 pm
· Unit 301 – 3185 Willingdon Green, Burnaby BC
· More locations to come.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Our clinic is welcoming and designed for patient comfort. INITIO was designed for patient comfort and prioritizes patient needs and care. Every INITIO patient will have a private room for the injection and uptake process, in preparation for the scan.
#300 – 3185 Willingdon Green
Burnaby, BC V5G 4P3
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday 9AM-5PM